Sunday Night Dancing with Instruction
RESUMES OCTOBER 10, 2021
Due to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 we have implemented new policies for keeping safe while dancing. For a short while (we hope) we are not adding new people to our classes, only previous dancers. Would you like to learn and practice? Try our Virtual Classes page and the RSCDS Learn site. Or join our beginner class February-March 2022 through MSCR (see below).
MSCD meets for instruction and dancing with recorded music every Sunday evening, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. We meet at the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center, 953 Jenifer St., Madison, 53703. There is no charge for the class, but a donation of $2 (or more) is appreciated for the room rental. Outdoor shoes are not allowed on the dance floor, so wear socks or bring soft-soled ballet-type indoor slippers.
• Full COVID vaccination (as defined by CDC) is required
• Proof of vaccination is required the first time you attend (vaccination card/photo, state online immunization record, etc.)
• A liability waiver must be signed and handed in the first time you attend, but EVERY time you attend, you should make sure that you are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Masks over the nose and mouth are required. We will have extras in case you have forgotten yours.
• Please clean your hands frequently throughout the night with sanitizer or soap and water
• We will have a short break, but no treats
• Attendance will be taken each week in case contact tracing is necessary
7:00 p.m. -- Warm up
7:10 p.m. -- Intermediate & advanced instruction with short break
8:50 p.m. -- Cool down
Social dance evenings have very limited instruction. Check our Events schedule to find the dates of upcoming social dances.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE CHANGES
March 27, 2022 -- No evening dancing due to ball weekend
To confirm, contact
Nancy McClements, Chair
608 / 358-4478
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need a partner? No, partners change with every dance
Will I need special shoes? Traditionally we wear ghillies, but any soft-soled dance shoe (or socks!) will do. No outdoor shoes please.
Do I have to have a Scottish background? No
But I've never danced before! We'll teach you!
Am I too old/too young? Our dancers range from ages 8 to 80
How can I learn the basics? Here is a link to steps and techniques.
Adult Beginner Class
Dates: Wednesdays February 2 - March 23, 2022
Time: 7:15 - 8:30 pm
Location: Memorial High School, 201 S. Gammon Rd., Madison
Schedule: Eight sessions
Teachers: Janice Lacock, Nancy McClements, Chuck Snowdon
Requirements: Ages 14+ (teens must register with a participating parent)
Online registration: Opens November 29 for Madison residents and December 13 for non-residents. Class #31728. Register at mscr.org
Teachers in Training