Sunday Night Dancing with Instruction
MSCD meets for instruction and dancing with recorded music every Sunday evening, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. We meet at the Wil-Mar Neighborhood Center, 504 S. Brearly St., Madison, 53703. (Corner of Jenifer and Brearly.) There is no charge for the class, but a donation of $3 (or more) is appreciated for the room rental. Outdoor shoes are not allowed on the dance floor, so wear socks or bring soft-soled ballet-type indoor slippers. Currently we are only accepting previous dancers and those students who have been through our Madison School and Community Recreation class. Attend our Open House January 22, 2023.
All participants are subject to our Code of Conduct.
• Up-to-date COVID vaccination (as defined by CDC) is required. Eligible persons must also be boosted.
• Proof of vaccination is required the first time you attend (vaccination card/photo, state online immunization record, etc.)
• A liability waiver must be signed and handed in the first time you attend, but EVERY time you attend, you should make sure that you are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
• Masks over the nose and mouth are required unless the Dane County risk level is low. We will have extras in case you have forgotten yours.
• Please clean your hands frequently throughout the night with sanitizer or soap and water
• We will have a short break, but no treats
• Attendance will be taken each week in case contact tracing is necessary
7:00 p.m. -- Warm up
7:10 p.m. -- Intermediate & advanced instruction with short break
8:50 p.m. -- Cool down
Social dance evenings have very limited instruction. Check our Events schedule to find the dates of any upcoming social dances.
UPCOMING SCHEDULE CHANGES
March 26, 2023 -- No Sunday night dancing due to the ball weekend
June 11, 2023 -- No Sunday night dancing due to the Midwest Scottish Weekend
To confirm, contact
Nancy McClements, Chair
608 / 358-4478
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need a partner? No, partners change with every dance
Will I need special shoes? Traditionally we wear ghillies, but any soft-soled dance shoe (or socks!) will do. No outdoor shoes please.
Do I have to have a Scottish background? No
But I've never danced before! We'll teach you!
Am I too old/too young? Our dancers range from ages 8 to 80
How can I learn the basics? Here is a link to steps and techniques.
Adult Beginner Class
We have added more openings, 1 remaining as of 1/23/23!
Dates: Wednesdays February 1-March 22, 2023
Time: 7:15 - 8:30 pm
Location: Memorial High School, 201 S. Gammon Rd., Madison
Schedule: Eight sessions
Teachers: Janice Lacock & Nancy McClements
Requirements: Ages 18+
Cost: $45 (Madison residents) or $68 (non-residents)
Online Registration: Sign up at mscr.org for class #35478.